When you book a top-secret hotel, you’re guaranteed a name-brand property with a rating of 3 stars or higher in the neighborhood we specify. We’ll let you know the name and exact address of your top-secret hotel after you purchase the deal: Look in the redemption instructions for this deal, found in your account and on your email confirmation.
Hotel at a Glance: Durham Hotel
On warm days, this hotel’s scenic grounds draw guests outside. Rocking chairs line a large veranda that looks out to gardens, and an outdoor pool deck gets some shade thanks to a number of trees.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi in all units, and mini fridges in kings
- Warm welcome: Each guest gets a chocolate-chip cookie on arrival.
- Where to eat: Vintage Carolina serves breakfast and lunch in a casual atmosphere, while in the evening it offers a fine dining experience.
- Free ride to the airport and destinations within a 5-mile radius on the hotel’s shuttle
- What’s nearby: Corporate offices at Research Triangle Park are about 10 minutes away, and downtown Durham is about 20 minutes away.
Durham, North Carolina: Academia and Southern Cuisine in the Research Triangle
With Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State all within close proximity, Durham and the surrounding area is often called the Research Triangle, but it’s not just the universities’ academics that have added to the area’s charm. Thanks in part to the large international student population, restaurants abound with cuisines from around the world, as well as with Carolina-style barbecue, which is best known for its vinegar-infused sauce. The college atmosphere also lends itself to several local microbreweries.
There are several art galleries and museums in the area as well. In Durham, Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University promotes the visual arts with exhibits of ancient Peruvian burial masks and large-scale collages by Mark Bradford. The North Carolina Museum of Art’s collection includes European, African, and American works, with a special exhibit focusing on the French sculptor Auguste Rodin.
3.5-Star Top-Secret Raleigh HotelDurham, NC , Charlotte